Tuesday, January 1, 2013

I was tagged...


Usually I do check my emails quite regularly, but these past couple of weeks I was not quite myself worrying for dh's ill health, several deadlines and etc.When I finally did check my emails, I was delighted to see some new comments on my blog and an invitation to play tag with Gayle of Embroiderymad. This was sitting in my "drafts" for quite some time, so I have updated a few of the things accordingly.

Here is what she would like to know about me.

1.  What is your favorite craft?

Undoubtedly it is 'Embroidery', but particularly it is machine embroidery at this stage of my life. I have been hand embroidering forever and all the inspirations were right at home. My mother is an avid sewer, knitter and an excellent embroiderer.

Here is where I have blogged about the inspiration that came from my home. Machine embroidery may be the broad topic, but really what I am most enthusiastic about is taking a piece of art work, digitizing it and stitching it out. Needless to say I also own tons of designs from various talented designers. I also love to sew and crochet.

2.   Do you have a special room  for craft?

Yes, I have my own small little room that is so filled with books, machines, computer, fabrics and threads that my work almost always spills out into the adjacent dining area.

3.   Do you live in a large city or a small town?

20 years ago Austin, Texas might have qualified as a small town, but not any more.

4.   What are your favourite colors?

I love the 'earthy' tones, which symbolize groundedness and reliability.

5.   Do you have any animals?

I would love to have a dog - but I am not sure if I will ever feel ready to take the responsibility. My daughter just adopted an 8 month old miniature pinscher and I have had the opportunity to enjoy her and even make her some winter clothing.

Adorable puppy!

6.   Do you like to cook?

I did at one point!

7.   Do you use recycle goods or do you always buy new ones for your craft?

I try to recycle as much as possible, as long as I can avoid the temptation of 'new'.

8.   Do you have a craft group or do you just do your own thing?

This is one thing I miss the most. I do teach a small group of PSW 2.0 (embroidery software) users at the local sewing store.

8.   Do you grow your own veggies?

It seems like the entire population of squirrels are feasting on my veggie patch! Thus the only yield is a shrub full of hot green peppers! Does anyone have any ideas on how to control these pests?

Spinach, okra and opo squash.

Watermelon!

9.   How many craft books do you have?

I have so many and I still want more and more and more.

These are a few books I picked up on my recent trip abroad.

10. What is your favorite TV show.

Big Bang Theory

11.  Do you check emails and blogs as soon as you get up in the morning?

I love to see comments on my blog, I think I should check it more often from now on.

11 things about me:
Digitizing and embroidery is my creative outlet. Hence this blog!
I am a Capricorn like Gayle. I follow the horoscopes of all my family members and find them to be entertaining and occasionally provide me with hope and courage.
I am a New Years baby.
I love roses. At heart, I'm a true romantic.
Dogs are my favorite animal. So trustworthy and they unconditionally love.
My favorite book is "It Does Not Die". In fact, I named my daughter after the main character.
I love spicy cuisine.
I love to keep a list of resolutions. A day to day, week to week, month to month and finally a year to year! With such stringent structure, I do feel very exhausted when I see I am behind on my to-do list. There's always something that doesn't get done or only got done halfway. I have changed my outlook since the beginning of 2012 and have tried to look at the work that I completed instead of what I didn't complete. I feel much more relaxed and this positive attitude has helped me accomplish a lot more this year.
Cheesecake is my favorite dessert.
For the longest time, I had a hard time accepting my first name.


2 comments:

  1. You can make many different crafts using clay pots as your primary object. Learn about do it yourself craft ideas with clay pots with help from a ceramic artist and instructor.
    Embroidery Digitizing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog is great. I would love to talk about this topic whole day..I shared it with my valuable friends. I like the way you are managing , I will be in touch

    ReplyDelete