Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Harnessing the power of OM

I had this in my wishlist for ages. Finally when I saw my best friend Jasbir's blog post about the benefits of yoga, I knew I should not put off this project any longer. Also I was visiting my dd and thought this would make a good holiday gift for her.


I wanted a lined bag (because I cannot stand exposed seams) with a good sized pocket and Nigella's pattern was logical and easy. However it is slightly short in length for my liking. With a little bit of embroidery (Om was very important for me I had it in my file since 2008 just for this purpose!) the bag has turned out quite nice and most of all my dd likes it.
So my dd march on towards a new year and overcome the obstacles and distractions of life with ease and grace.

6 comments:

  1. What a beautiful yoga bag! You picked some lovely fabrics to use & your machine embroidery design is just perfect.
    Thank you for the link to the free pattern. I've bookmarked it for 'after Christmas" sewing.
    I have a single "OM" design in my m. emb. files, (it is labeled "Namaste") but it is not surrounded by the beautiful paisley designs you have. It is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ok this is interesting. I think you probably have the same Om file that I have. The surrounding designs are from BFC Creations - http://www.bfc-creations.com/Designs1100/1129PaisleyParade/index.shtml that I have put together. The surrounding frame is from Pattistudio and a free one. Just do not remember the exact one. Here is her site - http://www.oregonpatchworks.com/collections.php?id=PCS

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the wonderful pictures and post. I like all of the designs. I think I would like the OM. I think that was the name. so many and got a bit mixed up. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These Designs are so clear and beautiful .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey I know this is off topic but I was wondering if you knew of any widgets I could add to my blog that automatically tweet my newest twitter updates. I’ve been looking for a plug-in like this for quite some time and was hoping maybe you would have some experience with something like this. Please let me know if you run into anything. I truly enjoy reading your blog and I look forward to your new updates.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I’ve been using designer plus 6 for a couple of years now and have been working on creating my own designs, mostly using the open object tool and quite often come unstuck with a lack of knowledge in using the software.

    ReplyDelete